Tuition for a five-day workshop is $1,800.00. Specimens or mannikins are not included in this price (*see below). All other incidental supplies are provided, including glues, clay, apoxie, paint, etc. You will go home with one completed gamehead.
In Shawn’s Game Head Course, you will learn:
- Specimen handling and care
- Form selection and preparation
- Complete Tanning
- Finish work (filler application and airbrush techniques)
- Proper ear butt anatomy: how it works, exact attachment to head
- Ears using bondo and liners, as well as casting your own earliners
- Proper eye shape and anatomy; depth, angle, rotation, expression (you’ve got to get the eyes right!)
- Proper nose shape inside and out, competition nostrils and septum
- Correct grooming
- Alterations; done quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Anatomy and Symmetry
Gamehead 10-day Workshop is $3,000.00 plus specimens. The only difference from the five-day workshop is that the student will go home with two completed gameheads, plus get a more thorough understanding of anatomy and alterations.
I highly recommend you bring a notebook and camera. If you have a mount you’ve already completed, I recommend you bring it for a critique (not by me, but by you at the end of the workshop).
*Costs of Specimens, etc.
|Deer Cape (raw)||$75|
|Deer Cape (tanned)||$180|
|Deer Antlers||$50 – $300|
|Deer Mannikin & Eyes||$85|
You will also be given a list of the suppliers I use for all my mannikins and tools.
Classes fill fast. Call for availability. A $500.00 deposit is required to secure your spot. Balance of tuition is due the first day of class. You’re in for a very in-depth workshop; I know you won’t be disappointed.